Monday, November 6, 2017

A Month of Thanksgiving Day Six

I am thankful that we have a house full of books. Literacy is something that is very important to me. If you research some literacy facts they may shock you. Here are just a few.

34% of children entering Kindergarten lack the basic skills needs to learn to read.
65% of fourth graders read below their grade level.
Students who lose reading ability over the summer rarely catch back up.

( read more here )

I know that reading is a very important skills for children, and adults alike to have. I am incredibly thankful that I have the ability to give my children access to books every single day. Not only do we have several book shelves full, but we also have access to libraries, online libraries, and more.

I strongly encourage the love of books in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No longer updating

I will no longer be updating this blog. Please check out my newest adventure and be sure to subscribe! It will be a fun one!! Thanks for rea...