Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Oatmeal Banana Muffins









I have been doing a lot more baking lately, not only am I trying to cut down on our grocery bill but I am also trying to get us all eating healthier.

My kids love muffins, their favorites are blueberry, banana or pumpkin. I recently went to make some banana muffins only to realize I was out of oil, so I looked around for a recipe that did not use any oil. After some looking, I decided to come up with my own and they were a huge hit.

                                                 

                                                 

                                    

Recipe:
5 over ripe bananas
4 cups of oats
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups of vanilla yogurt ( this can easily be made dairy free, just use a nut or soy yogurt, vanilla flavored )
2 large eggs
1.5 tbs baking soda
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tps vanilla

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mash bananas, you don't want these to be complete mush, the chunks of banana in the muffins are one of the best parts! Add all ingredients and mix well.

Spray your muffin pan well to prevent sticking, fill and bake for 17 - 20 minutes.

Easy additions for extra yum include - Chocolate chips, raisins or craisins and nuts. They are yummy on their own but this would just take it up a notch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No longer updating

I will no longer be updating this blog. Please check out my newest adventure and be sure to subscribe! It will be a fun one!! Thanks for rea...