Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

My mother's day did not get off to a good start. My day started at 1:30 am when my toddler woke up screaming. Her mouth is hurting since she is cutting a molar and nothing I did would calm her down. I was finally able to get her back to sleep around 4 am when her diaper leaked and got pee all over me and the couch, so I had to wake her to change her. Luckily it only took around half and hour to get her back down but as soon as she went to sleep my five year old son woke up from a nightmare. I got him calmed down and finally fell asleep around the time my husband woke up to get ready for work which was 5 am. I started sleeping soundly only to be woken up shortly before 8 am when our dog started barking, apparently he needed out and could not wait anymore and pooped all over the freshly shampooed nursery carpet. I get him outside, the carpet cleaned and think about laying down on the couch for awhile when my middle child wakes up ready for the day.

Needless to say all this put me in a pretty sour mood. I was upset that I had no sleep, that my husband had to work and once the other two kids were awake, they were all in really bad moods. I stayed in a sour mood for awhile, until I got online and saw posts from other people I know and read some stories on a forum I like to visit.

I was shocked at the amount of people who felt completely ignored and uncared for by their husbands. Yes my husband had to work but he did not forget about Mother's Day. He called me to tell me Happy Mother's day and he had taken the kids to the store a couple days ago and let them pick out presents for me. He also said on Monday since he does not work, it will be my day, he will clean for me and let me relax. I have a wonderful husband and I know he appreciates me as the mother of our children.

I also saw several posts from people who recently lost their mother or their mother is currently sick and in the hospital. I got to spend most of the day with my wonderful mother, she is in good health and I need to be more thankful for that. My own mother in law spent today with her mother who is currently in the hospital with a blood clot in her brain.

Thinking of these things made me realize I should not let the start of my day ruin Mother's day for me. After all everything ( minus the dog mess ) is part of being a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No longer updating

I will no longer be updating this blog. Please check out my newest adventure and be sure to subscribe! It will be a fun one!! Thanks for rea...