Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Christmas is coming!!!

It is hard to believe that is is November already and we all know this means that Christmas is going to be here before we know it! My husband and I decided to keep things fairly simple this year with buying for our children. Since they have grandparents, Aunts and Uncles they will not be lacking in the gift department at all.

A friend of mine introduced me to this saying, something you want, something you need, something to play and something to read. I gave myself a limit of $100 out of pocket per child and so far I am doing way better then I thought I would with that budget.

We did one large joint gift for all three of them and got them a puppet theater, this was paid for entirely by swagbucks ( if you have not joined yet you really should and I have a blinkie for them on the main page of my blog )

Alex:
want: race track ( found brand new at a garage sale for $8 )
need: clothes ( these I have not bought yet but most likely will be spending around $20 )
play: puppets ( paid for by swag bucks )
read: book from hpb store ( we are getting this over the weekend and it will be around $10 )

I will also be stuffing his stocking but this will not cost more then $30

Total oop for Alex: $68

Destiny:
want: baby doll items, cloth diapers, wipes, a diaper bag and whatever else I can get my hands on ( I have a small diaper bag that I never use so I am giving her that and filling it with the other items I am looking to spend a max of $20 here.
need: dress (bought on ebay NWT $8 )
play: puppets ( paid for by swagbucks )
read: book from hpb store ( again buying this weekend for around $ 10 )

Stuffing her stocking again for $30 or under.

Total oop for Destiny:$68

Kairi:
want: B. Parum Pum Pum Drum ( paid for by swagbucks )
need: dress (hand made from verychicbaby $30 ) and diapers ( got free in a trade )
play: puppet ( paid for by swagbucks )
read: book from hpb store ( again buying this weekend for around $ 10 )

Stuffing her stocking again for $30 or under.

Total oop for Kair: $60

I am pretty pleased with myself so far. I have a couple other people to buy for but I have been able to find some great deals for them also and no I am not telling what they are because some of them read this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No longer updating

I will no longer be updating this blog. Please check out my newest adventure and be sure to subscribe! It will be a fun one!! Thanks for rea...