Sunday, December 31, 2017

Chicken Pasta with Butternut Squash Sauce


One thing we grow in our garden each year is butternut squash. I think it is one of the best squashes ( and most versatile ) out there.

We eat a lot of squash, sometimes we just bake it or roast it. I will also make squash pie, muffins, and so much more. I think we have found a favorite way to eat it, we turn in into a sauce for pasta, and it is delicious! Even my husband loves it, and he does not like squash.

The process is actually pretty simple. You cook your squash, scrape it all out of the shell, and run it through the food processor. After you have your squash ready, dump it all in a bowl, and get your favorite spaghetti sauce out. We personally use the organic marinara sauce from Aldis. Dump one full jar of sauce into your processor, and add the same amount of processed squash. Process those two until they are well blended. That is it for the sauce. I usually do large batches that way I can freeze some of it for later use.




I start cooking my noodles while I cook my chicken. We usually use bow tie pasta, but you can use any type of pasta you like.

Cut up a full chicken breast into bite sized pieces.  Drizzle your chicken with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin. Fully cook, toss it with your pasta, and add your sauce.



Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment

No longer updating

I will no longer be updating this blog. Please check out my newest adventure and be sure to subscribe! It will be a fun one!! Thanks for rea...