Monday, June 27, 2016

Veggie kale soup recipe

As many know, I am on a weight loss and getting healthier journey. I love soup and I love kale so I am always looking for new ways to eat both of those things. I made this soup for myself, it makes a very large pot, which I will eat over the course of several days.

The soup itself is super healthy, very low calorie and filling. It is sure to please!


Recipe -
Water
V8 juice
Beef base ( or veggie to make this fully vegetarian )
Bay leaves
Garlic
Pepper
Salt
Basil
Carrots
Lentils
Couscous
Red Quinoa
Kale

Using a large stock pot, add one full bottle of v8 juice, two cups water, three bay leaves,  3 tbs of beef base, and garlic, pepper, salt and basil to taste.
Let simmer for 10 mins before adding carrots ( I used organic baby carrots ), lentils, couscous and red quinoa.

Continue cooking until carrots are at desired softness ( be sure to check your lentils as well if you are leaving your carrots very crisp ). Reduce heat, add kale, cover and continue to simmer for 5 - 10 minutes. Turn off, let sit for ten minutes and enjoy!

The great thing about this soup is that it is really versatile. You can switch it up by leaving out the grains and adding a cheese ravoli. If you want more veggies, parsnips, spinach and rutabaga would be great additions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No longer updating

I will no longer be updating this blog. Please check out my newest adventure and be sure to subscribe! It will be a fun one!! Thanks for rea...