Saturday, October 20, 2018

Kairi's Story





Yesterday my nine year old daughter was the victim of what I considering bullying. Some may call this rough play, others may consider this kids will be kids, I do not.

This is something we have not personally had a lot of issues with throughout the years, mostly because we home school, but also because most of the people around us do not let their children behave in such a horrible manner.

My nine year old daughter, Kairi, had her arm broken yesterday because a child could not keep his hands to himself. We went to a pumpkin patch with our home school group. We had been having a great time, picking pumpkins, playing on the play equipment, going through the corn maze, and more.




It was a fun filled day, until Kairi was intentionally shoved down by another child. She had been bouncing on a bouncy pad, another child shoved her from behind, and now both bones in her forearm are broken. The moment I saw her arm, limp, bending in a place it should not bend, will forever be scorched into my memory. My sweet girl had to be sedated, have her bones set, has a cast up to her shoulder, all because someone else was a bully.

I reacted in the moment, and I did not stay to find the parents of the child responsible. My focus was on rushing my girl to the ER. She was in immense pain, and we had about a half an hour drive to get her to a good ER. I wish I would have found the child, and parents responsible, make them answer for hurting my girl.





Bullying does not always  happen by people you know. Sometimes it is a random stranger, at a pumpkin patch. Bullying needs to stop, no child should have to suffer the way my child has.

Feel free to share Kairi's story, put a face to bullying, even if your child has not been a victim to it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

No longer updating

I will no longer be updating this blog. Please check out my newest adventure and be sure to subscribe! It will be a fun one!! Thanks for rea...